Friday 11 May 2018

The Wanderluster

Wanderlust. A strong desire to travel. What is travel? Travel to me is something deep. Something I feel when I feeling everything. The smell of a new place, the sound of the winds, the rustling of leaves. The folk music, the clothing.The footsteps in the mud. The rain and the waterfalls. The mountains and the huts.Travel is a lifestyle.

I do not even remember the first time I recognized my need to travel. It is something that has always been a part of me. Its something in my blood. Literally.

I had the wanderlust gene. DRD4-7R. It is an allele of DRD4 which is a dopamine receptor. The 7R allele has to do with increased levels of curiosity and risk taking, which explains the need to travel more than others who lack this gene.

So its safe to say that I'm a little crazy in the head. I've been dreaming about traveling the world ever since I even knew what the world is.


No comments:

Post a Comment